Am I Eligible for R&D Tax Credit?
R&D tax credits are available to EVERY UK Ltd SME. Fact.
Don’t assume your business is not eligible. Find out.
There is not a strict set of rules and activities to define eligibility – SMEs from any industry could be eligible through projects and activities that improve or create new products, services, processes, devices or materials.
- An active limited company based in the UK
- Have less than 500 staff
- Turnover less than €100m (or a balance sheet total under €86m)
Successful and unsuccessful projects could generate R&D tax credits for your business
For a successful R&D tax credit claim, we will need to show evidence that your project/activity:
- Looked for an advance in science or technology
- Overcame uncertainty – you did not know if it would succeed or not
- Could not easily be achieved/worked out by a professional in the field
Take a look at the range of different projects that have been eligible for R&D tax claims.
Are you eligible to claim R&D tax credits?
Don’t assume you are not.
- Have you carried out one-off projects?
- Do you do bespoke work for clients?
- Have you engaged in trial and error?
- Do you try different methods, material samples, etc?
- Have you used subcontractors?
- Have you automated something?
- Have you developed new materials?
- Have you created new software?
If the answer is yes to any of these, then you may well be eligible for R&D tax credits.