Am I Eligible for R&D Tax Credits?
Small businesses from any industry could be eligible for R&D Tax Credits by spending on projects and activities that improve or create new products, services, processes.
Don’t assume your business is not eligible. Contact Us for your FREE Discovery Call to find out on 01684 252464.
To qualify for an R&D Tax Credit claim (under the SME scheme) you need to be:
- An active limited company based in the UK
- Have less than 500 staff
- Turnover less than €100m (or a balance sheet total under €86m)
Have you done any of the following?
- Have you carried out one-off projects?
- Do you do bespoke work for clients?
- Have you engaged in trial and error?
- Do you try different methods, material samples, etc?
- Have you used subcontractors?
- Have you automated something?
- Have you developed new materials?
- Have you created new software?
If the answer is yes to any of these, then you may be eligible for R&D tax credits.
Successful and unsuccessful projects could generate R&D tax credits for your business
For a successful R&D tax credit claim, we will need to show evidence that your project/activity:
- Looked for an advance in science or technology
- Overcame uncertainty – you did not know if it would succeed or not
- Could not easily be achieved/worked out by a professional in the field
Contact Us for your FREE Discovery Call to find out on 01684 252464
Typical Industries that are claiming R&D Tax Credits include:
- Sustainable businesses (solar power, wind power, eco-houses)
- Digital Technology (Fintech, Software development, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Blockchain)
- Engineering & Manufacturing (Casting, Coatings, Machining, Fabrication etc.)
- Food & Drink (Breweries, Distilleries, Vineyards etc.)
- Agriculture (Agritech, Horticulture)
- Architecture & Construction
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Chemical Engineering
- Life Science (Biotechnology, nutraceuticals)